is it speech delay?????

My child is over two years old but still can’t speak. He likes to babble but I don’t understand what he’s saying. My child also hasn’t really learned to express what he wants. I’ve often talked to him and taught him words for things and animal names, but sometimes he can only say one word. I’m really worried... It makes me sad when he’s compared to others who are younger but can talk well. Maybe I’m not talking to him enough... I’m the type who gets confused about what to talk about, and I’m not good at storytelling... but I keep trying. Moms, has anyone experienced this? What’s the solution? #speechdelay

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes, its very worrying. Parents play a big part when it is about communication, you have to speak to them everyday. You dont need to tell them stories. its just simple communications like asking them questions, what are you looking at? Do you like Apple/Orange? You can also teach them color and shapes of the things they eat or play. Or you can bring them out of the house and go for a short stroll and tell them about the sky, clouds, trees, grass, birds and animals around your neighbourhood. it is also good if you have your siblings and parents communicating with your kid, it will be better.

Read more