Food for 8 months old baby

Hi all. My child has turned 8 months old but don't really like the traditional porridge food. Any recommendations what soft food can I introduced to him? He is okay with nestum cereals, and some instant baby packet porridge. I'd like to explore other home cooked food if possible. Thank you.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

Hello mommy since baby is already 8months you can try the baby yoghurt(without sugar), I use TamarValley kids yoghurt and blend it with avocado or banana and give yoghurt shake. You can add in a spoon of cereal to it. If you use pressure cooker, you can add 1tbsp rice, 1/4th carrot, 1/4th potato/sweet potato and pressure cook or boil it with a pinch of salt and pepper powder. You can add garlic powder too to balance the gas caused by the potato or sweet potato. Although they say salt is not recommended adding a small pinch will enhance the taste and baby will like it. It is no harm too. You can slowly give finger food, cut carrot, cauliflower or broccoli into small pieces and boil it well. Once they turn very soft you can give very small chunks to them which will they will bite and eat.

Read more

Hi perhaps it’s time to explore with a little more textured food for your baby. My LO is 8 months too. Yesterday I cooked rice, pumpkin, minced chicken, some anchovies for taste, onion powder and a pinky inch of ginger all in one pot. Cook till the rice is done and starting to break apart a little like porridge but not there yet! Then blend everything till it’s coarse but not so smooth like puree. You want your baby to taste and feel the texture of the food. All the best!

Read more

anything is possible. just look out for high allergen food example eggs peanut. just be sure you follow the safe blw method. the possibilities are endless.

Can try steam and purée fruits and veggies since he’s ok with nestum texture :) Any fruits and veggies work

Influencer của TAP

try to check his taste and mix fruits and veggies in it

thanks all. can I give oatmeal with peanut butter then?

1y trước

Yes you can! Make sure it’s pure peanut butter with no sugars :) And monitor for nut allergen