Bruises and Sleeping habits at Childcare

My child (13 months+) just started infant care at Sparkletots 2 weeks ago. However, every week (2 - 3days apart), I would notice fresh bruises on her knee or shin. Is this expected? The centre explained that it could be she knocks against the furniture or kneel on toys. My child also hardly sleep at infant care. She always has sleeping difficulties and is a super light sleeper but this makes her very cranky after we pick her up from the centre. Any parents have similar experience or advice? Thank you. #advicepls #pleasehelp #1stimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Bruises: Does she knock furniture much at home? Assess her stability and also if the IFC has too many furniture / unkempt toys - any improvement points? Can consider cloth knee guards or wear long pants (if not already). Sleep - as she accustomises to ifc routine, she will learn to sleep when her peers do. FOMO will kick in.

Read more
3y trước

Thank you for your advice. My child does not knock into furniture much at home. We could not explore the ifc interior due to the current covid-19 situation but from the entrance we could see a lot of wooden low chairs. My child is already wearing long pant to the centre and no other kids wear knee guards to ifc. She will remove it and make noise. Hopefully she will sleep better, more and longer when she gets used to the noise, lights and routine there 🙏🏻