Has anyone done Chest X-ray during pregnancy before? Is it safe to do so?

Chest x-ray needed for health examination to get work visa approval

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it’s fine. They will take necessary precautions and cover ur abdomen area with a lead shield. But ofc, u can always discuss with ur dr if the chest x-ray is rly necessary or if can wait till u give birth. Also, there’s more radiation when you take airplane compared to the chest xray itself and most people are okay to travel while pregnant and aren’t worried about the radiation hahahaha

Read more
7mo trước

Thank you for answering. Unfortunately I won’t be able to delay the X-ray :( I didn’t know that taking airplane has more radiation than chest X-ray?! Good to know. Knowing that it will be fine really put me at ease, but I’ve also seen people saying they got rejected for scan cause they are pregnant 😩

i did an xray during my first cause i had a persistent cough for more than 1 month. doc wants to make sure there's no underlying cause in my chest. doc (at kkh) will advise if there's any risk and you need to sign smtg that you have understood everything before taking the xray. you are given a shield to cover the belly. best for you to ask your doc during your appt.

Read more
7mo trước

Thank you Naqibah!

avoid all radiation. xray is not safe at all for baby. even just xray for mouth my dentist will check if u are pregnant or not.

Wouldn’t advise to do so. Most GP and dental clinics will reject xray when they know you’re pregnant.

Not safe, better be safe den sorry

Xray is not safe during pregnancy

7mo trước

Thank you for your answer, I was googling whether chest X-ray is safe, it seems like they’re saying it’s safe but it’s also scary I don’t want to cause any issues to my baby from radiation