Do you buy preloved items for kids or just brand new?

38 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So far I only got preloved clothes for nb- 3mth after that like no one give haha... but I dun reject preloved clothes if anyone offers. Usually Ple will be paiseh to give if the clothes are too old looking... just need a good wash... I love variety... Books- I'll get brand new for babies. But when they are older preloved is fine Toys- brand new n preloved Stroller- preloved (hand me down) Playpen/cot/mattress/bottles/cutlery/pump/steriliser-must be brand new for me

Read more

Yes I do buy pre-loved clothes and still have a brand new ones. I bought different packages 0-3Months almost brand new and some were never even used because kids grows fast, then i bought 3-6months new and used and 6-12 months new and used so right now I am expecting a baby and wont buy any clothes for the next 12 months. Then bought things like preloved playmats, baby sleeping positioner, cot bed etc

Read more

Preloved for clothes from my friends but must be in good condition. Otherwise i will buy. Another preloved i will source are toys and books as kids outgrow them v fast n reduce wastage. But i will only buy those in good condition and will disinfect them before giving my lo. The rest of the stuff are brand new as they can be passed down to no. 2/3 in the future.

Read more

Mostly preloved, depending on the items. Especially clothes since most babies grow out of them so quickly! For special occasions - birthdays, etc., I would buy new clothes too :) Preloved items I usually get from my friends because I know that they will definitely be in great condition! Other things like milk bottles, utensils, bowls, I will buy brand new.

Read more

I think the safest thing to do is buy brand new things for children but at the same time I'm not against buying preloved items. :) It really depends on what item you plan on buying. Of course if it's something very personal for your kid, for hygiene purposes it is unadvisable to buy preloved stuff. :)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Depend on what items. Clothes is definitely new and baby essential stuff.. Mostly new as its my first child. Preloved only those bulky item but i will make sure its being washed and clean to use. As most of the baby stuff are used only few months and baby wont be using it.

Hv to see wad item is it. My preloved (in gd condition) items: playpen, stroller, high chair, rocker etc. Brand new items: clothes (scared preloved ones will cause bb's body to be itchy as direct contact with e clothes), milk bottles & teats, steriliser, makan utensils.

Babies grow up so fast so most of the brand new newborn clothes were not even used. So I started buying/accepting preloved clothes from people I know. Of course I also buy her brand new clothes from time to time, but still I was able to save some money.

Pre loved when it comes to baby gears and toys which r expensive , but use full only for a short period....and pre loved clothes only from a close friend or relative that too if they r neat and clean. Otherwise buy new stuff.

Hi Zildvan! It really depends on what types of items you're planning to purchase. But, it's still safest to buy brand new items as kids are always putting stuff in their mouths. Just to be super safe.