why i cant bond with my baby...

Being a mom was supposed to be the happiest time of my life, or so they said. But for me, it felt like I was living in a foggy dream. From the moment my baby was born, I struggled to feel that magical bond everyone talks about. As I held my little one in my arms, I felt a mix of emotions—overwhelmed, exhausted, and yes, a little scared. But where was that overwhelming rush of love that everyone talked about? Instead, I felt like a stranger in my own body, unsure of how to connect with this tiny human I had brought into the world. Days turned into weeks, and still, the bond I longed for seemed elusive. I went through the motions—feeding, changing diapers, trying to soothe the cries—but it all felt mechanical, devoid of the warmth and connection I craved. I watched other moms effortlessly cuddle and coo with their babies, wondering what I was doing wrong. Was I just not cut out for this motherhood thing? The guilt gnawed at me, adding to the weight of my doubts and insecurities. am i normal??????? please help

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummies, i was in your same exact position when i first gave birth and lasted few months!!! I totally understand how you feel. I felt like me and my baby is a stranger i dont feel the bond of connection AT ALL. And nope when people say your pain will all be gone when you first see your baby, its like love at forst sight. Not at all for me. I dont feel it at all. Butttt as few months passed by, the connection slowly gotten better, especially when baby has learnt to smile or look at you, or even laugh. I can only say itll get better, not now, not anytime soon, but definitely the day will come!

Read more