I want to stop pumping

its been 8 hours since I last pumped but my breasts feels fine.. should I persist to not pump? cause when I did the drop one feed at a time yesterday, my boobs got painful clogs. unclogged with warm compress ate sunflower lecithin and now it's not painful at all.. should I just pump when it gets painful? or persist not to pump for 48 hours for the miln to dry up

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If your milk production already kick in and you have been pumping for the previous weeks/months i dont thinj can stop like that else will get very bad engorgement and super painful. Suggest to go to kk or any gp and ask for cabergoline. Medication to stop milk production. Thats what i did.

6mo trước

Kk won’t give the med to stop breast milk supply after discharge. I beg them they just tell me to use cabbage and cold compress. I went to look for private gynae and paid $155 for consultation plus 2 tablet of Dostinex. 🥹 precious meds that works wonders! ♥️♥️♥️

What I heard is that you should pump only when engorged or uncomfortable and only pump until you are not engorged and not until empty. Also heard can use Cold cabbage to soothe engorgement.

6mo trước

if i’m not wrong cabbage actually cuts the milk supply off as well. i had a friend who used it to cut off her supply.

Sorry to say that I don’t understand your concern. Do you want to stop bf/pumping?

6mo trước

Same I’m also trying to understand if she wants to stop bf/pumping?