Endometrial polyp - to remove or not?

Hello, based on an ultrasound scan, my gynae said that I have endometrial polyp. I am currently trying to conceive to have 2nd child and now I have to make a decision as to whether to have the polyp removed or not. According to my gynae, the polyp could make it difficult to conceive and could result in a miscarriage if conceive. But at the same time, he said that there is less than 1% chance of being cancerous. I am still undecided whether to have it removed or not but i am leaning towards having it removed as I think it is better than having to worry if I were to conceive while the polyp is still there. I am also wondering if it is accurate to conclude that it is polyp based on the scan. Has anyone had this experience before or what do you think I should do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have fibroid and polyps issues, and at that time, I'm trying to conceive as well. My doc shared with me that after removal, the uterus lining will be smooth which helps the embryo to attach better. I wanted to give myself the best chance to have a baby so I removed it. After removal, I rested for 6 months and tried for a baby. 3 months later, I'm pregnant. It works for me :)

Read more

I would say to remove it 1st. I didnt know I had a polyp and after I got pregnant, I was bleeding like I was having menses. it was so scary because I didn't know if the baby is fine or not. luckily bleeding stopped after a few days and baby is totally not affected. I'm due in a few weeks time. So get it removed so you don't get unnecessary stress while being pregnant.

Read more

🩷

🩷