1-month old baby vomitting in the middle of formula milk.

my baby vomits for the first time. made her 90ml of formula milk (sometimes gave her formula only on the first feeding to bed) but she puked halfway. before that i latched her for about 6 minutes but she seemed fussy due to uncomfortness (maybe positioning when latching). yall have no idea how many sorries i said to her because...... #momguilt kept googling and googling and actually have the same answer to what i clicked on. but i am still panicking and can't help but felt bad to my baby because it's the first time she puked out. i guess i shouldn't have gave her too much knowing that she just latched and i learnt that small feedings is still better than over feeding. i'm still here unsure if my breastmilk is enough for her but she started on different feeding schedule. from 1hr30mins, now to 2-3hr intervals. i still feel guilty holding her. 😞😔

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is common that newborn till about 2 months old baby tends to vomit or spat a lot of the milk be it FM or BM. This is either we overfeed or stomach upset. As their body organ still small, they can't take much in take. For me, my second child loves to spat a lot of milk or acid reflux. Till now, I am still trying to get the correct method to ensure she drinks enough, not too much or little. Ill feed BM for 15 to 20 mins and I will only give FM if she still hungry or when I do not have time to give BM/EBM. So, her formula will be at 80 to 100ml, 2 scoops. Ill makesure she will burp, then continue to put her up right 10 to 15 mins before laying her down side ways. Another method to try is in between feeding to stop for awhile to burp then continue again.

Read more
1y trước

yeah i'm now doing the burping between feeds. glad i'm not alone. hope we and all the Mamas out there coping well! 🥺🩵

before breastfeeding, have a bottle of formula milk on standby. I cant express much breast milk so i always do latching for my baby. Always remember, we will never know how much milk the baby has consume when latching. Tats y at least 10-20mins of latching is just nice, if possible switch to the other breast. Then as days go by, try latch longer. baby needs to be comfy enuf to latch on.

Read more
1y trước

yes but i guess my breastmilk apparently was enough. maybe i'm starting to produce more fats in my supply as she now sleeps longer and her next feeding increases to 2-3hr instead of the usual 1-1 & 1/2hr. i'm figuring out that she most probably told me that she was already full and wants to sleep hence the fuss.

Im having same issue breastfeeding. The baby will latch naturally once u place him/her close & let the lip feel ur nipple. if baby seem fussy and shaking head left or right, just switch to formula milk.