Need help

Baby turned 3 months old and drinking 180ml formula.. I want to mix nestle brown rice .. But how many teaspoons or tablespoon to add in 180ml milk???#firsttimemom #advicepls #firstbaby

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Should not mix anything with breastmilk or formula. Formula is already very heavy for a 3 month old. If your intentions are for baby to sleep longer during the night, then best to feed every 3 hours during the day so baby gets enough caloric intake. It is a myth that feeding a heavy bottle right before bedtime enables baby to sleep longer - it is an entire day of calories that counts!

Read more

Please try to hold back introducing brown rice to the baby at such young age. 3 months baby digestive system is barely developed and introducing too early risk expose baby to greater risk for developing chronic diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, eczema and celiac disease. Do research on the issues with babies who started solids early

Read more

Nope you should not mix formula with brown rice just yet. I'm assuming this is from the Nestle brand. It should be according to what's stated on product. Baby's digestion ain't the same as adult. They should only be taking milk nothing else until they are ready.

Please don’t mix brown rice with your formula milk😰 Your baby’s digestive system is not ready for that. Wait till 6 months or when your baby is able to sit upright. Milk is the main diet for your baby now.

All solid food including rice and water should only give after baby reach 6 months old provided he/she is able to sit still by him/herself on back of a chair plus hold his head upright with some support

I wouldn’t start so early thou… Fm/bm itself is good enough. If you wanna start cereals, maybe after 6 months?

Thành viên VIP

Brown rice is hard to digest for such small baby, please refrain from doing this now.

please don't. just milk itself will do. you can start cereal at 6 months old.

Isnt the brown rice meant for 6 mths and above?

2y trước

it should be after 6mths, must follow instructions on the product. if you really want to give, ask your PD first... if still really insist on giving after PD say no, then ask the aunt who say can give lo... since I'm thinking she'll be responsible for the advice

Thành viên VIP

Strictly no solid food until baby is 6 months old.