Anyone uses the backpack leash for their toddlers? Yay or Nay?

Post image
16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Other moms tell me that this backpack with a leash makes it feel like they are leashing a dog. I'm actually not opposed to this idea as I know children are like Energiser bunnies. They have tons of energy, especially when outside where everything is new and fascinating. Combine that with a crowded environment. I would use this if my baby refuses to hold my hands. This lets her walk around and explore without having to hold hands yet doesn't let her get lost in the crowds. Singapore is still a relatively safe country, but I would like to protect her against potential child traffickers and those with evil intentions towards children. .

Read more

I have a friend who uses it and swears by it. His son refuses to be carried or being held by the hand and to make things worse he loves to make sudden dashes while waiting for the traffic to stop. So for safety benefits which outweigh the moral arguments, he practically HAS to use it. We can't judge every parent's decision as our kids are all different and we do our best to keep them safe. That's what's most important.

Read more

I'm not for it. my child is not a dog. I think if we take time to discipline and explain to the child no matter how energetic they will stop and listen. my child is super high energy and refuse to sit in stroller. we let her walk but set boundires. regardless of age your child understands you and your voice.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I did try before but my boy doesnt like it and kept crying to be off the leash. I got a lot of stares from passerbys! But I've seen some other parents use it and I think they would rather be judged than to have their child getting lost. :)

Thành viên VIP

Samantha: yeah i feel you. i didnt like the idea of putting a child on a leash but sometimes they are so fast, they disappear, and safety is priority. did you eventually continue to use it?

Thành viên VIP

Hi Cindy, no I didn't continue cos my son really didn't like it. We resorted to bringing the stroller out almost all the time. At least that keeps him more safe than running around.

Yes!! I use whenever we are going to crowded place. It's still better be safe than sorry. The other alternative is to make them sit in the stroller all the time at crowded place.

I didn't like it but we didn't hv a choice with our elder. purely for safety reasons, so we can reduce the nbr of heart attacks :(

No, I don't, we tried it for our son initially but he hated it. So didnt even think of using it for our daughter :)

Yes, I think it’s fine. Kids before a certain age are little monsters anyways. 🤣🤣🤣