Pregnancy Pillow

Anyone started using pregnancy pillow at week 14? not able to slp well due to the turnings at nite...cant b able to slp on the left too long as back is aching? wat can b the best solution?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sleep whichever is comfortable for you at this stage. Gradually sleep more on your left as you approach 3rd trimester. I’m still sleeping on my back and right side at Week 36 now. I can’t sleep on my left for too long, my back aching as well. For me I sleep better on my right. But in the middle of the night whenever I remember, I will switch to my left again. The risks of stillbirth is much lower. So don’t wanna take any chances. Also, I don’t have a pregnancy pillow. I bought the long rectangle cuddle pillow way before I was pregnant so I just use that for sleep. Sleep will get more uncomfortable in 3rd trimester especially cause your bump gets in the way everytime you switch sleeping position, so do get a pregnancy pillow or anything that can help you hug from your chest to in between your legs for more comfort. Week 14 for me was easy breezy cause I didn’t have an obvious baby bump yet so it was easier to sleep. But come into my 8th month, it gets tougher cause my feet started swelling and I had to elevate my legs up against the headboard during the day (I’m wfh since Apr) and sleep on my left and elevate my legs slightly at the same time at night. I have plenty of pillows surrounding me so it’s easier to just prop my legs on any of them. Hahaha. Hang in there Mummy, take it easy. For now just don’t overthink things. Enjoy your 2nd trimester while you brace for your 3rd. 😊

Read more
4y trước

thanks mummy:)