Anyone knows what is witching hour and how to overcome it?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My little cousin had the worst case of witching hour crankies (haha not a real word I know) and it was always at a certain time in the evening, around 6-7pm. My late grandmother had her own theories about this (superstitious ones naturally) but I think she was just tired and overstimulated by then. Plus that time of the day was when my aunt and uncle would come pick her and her brother up. Reckon she knew that meant a long journey to her real home and tiring her out some more? She would calm down after a while, usually after being fed and coaxed by everyone in the house. Reckon the key is patience here, just got to see it through.

Read more

Witching hours are usually in the late evening between 5-7pm. I think part of the reasons being may be that your baby may be getting overtired and is struggling to transition from day time to night time sleep. Usually it should disappear as your baby is able to stay awake for longer and no longer needs the evening nap.

Read more

It is a specific time of the day where your baby will fuss alot and cry out loud. It may be due to colic. A few of the ways to overcome this time. 1. Baby wear your baby and walk round the house to calm him or her down. 2. Offer to let baby latches for comfort. 3. Sing songs for your baby.

Read more

There is nothing much to can do to help calm the baby during witching hour. But here are some useful tips to help you cope with it: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/tips-to-help-you-cope-with-your-babys-witching-hour/ Remember that it isn't your fault and there is simply no way around it.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Glad U brought it up as it happens to everyone but yet no one seems to talk about it. It's the time of the day that your baby will use every ounce of his energy to cry very loudly, and that everything you try will simply make him cry louder.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1812)

Seems like there is no way out ladies! Hahahaha. What worked for me was nursing during that timing. Nothing else worked. It's so weird why this happens.

thanks