Coconut water to have clean baby?

Anyone drinks coconut water during pregnancy so baby will come out “clean”? Im annoyed at how my MIL keep asking me pushing me to drink coconut water so baby will come out clean lol so what if baby comes out dirty? Baby is literally inside me for 9/10 months what do you expect. Old people and their beliefs

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was having GDM and coconut drink is a no for me as it contains sugar. I don’t believe in myth, but my baby come out with a lot of white residue on her skin. I saw the pictures of another babies (those whose mummies took coconut water, and the white residue was much much lesser, however the nurse will help to clean it, but don’t expect it to be shining clean 😂) Anyway, clean or not does not really matters. Baby’s and mummy’s health is priority one.

Read more
8mo trước

I am sure there are mummies who drank alot of coconut juice but there is still white residue. The white residue is vernix, important for the baby in the womb.

The layer that's covering the baby is the vernix, which actually serves to protect the baby's skin from the amniotic fluid. imagine if you're soaked for so long, your skin will need some kind of protective barrier. The vernix's job is that. Imo, no real need for a "clean" baby. They get cleaned up after coming out anyway, ask your mil to chill haha

Read more

i drank 4 young coconut(green) waters, 2 a week, to avoid to cooling.. my baby came out clean, no off-white residue sticking to the baby.. most importantly, your food intake is important oso. Please also drink maternal milk if your daily food intake doesnt give you the nutrients which your body requires to provide to both yourself and baby.

Read more

I did! Not sure if it’s because of it, my baby is born quite clean with very little cradle cap. But I was very particular with what I ate during pregnancy. So yeah, it works if you’re a believer 😄 just do what you feel comfortable

I did too! I drank 2-3 per week during my 2nd and baby was born with no cradle cap. My 1st born cradle cap was so hard to remove it stayed with him for quite sometime.

I think it’s just a myth leh. I drank coconut water almost every other day throughout my last month of pregnancy and my baby still came out “dirty”.

I nv drink at all for #1.. I don't believe all these old wives tale too.

what is "dirty"? lol. all babies inside womb are dirty what.

Ure the mummy of ur LO. Do what u feel is right.