Cover up while giving birth

Hi anyone delivered in TMC? Will the midwife cover your lower half while giving birth? I want my husband to be in the delivery room with me but I feel hesitant because I really don’t want him to see me open my legs so wide and witness the baby coming out from “down there”. Heard from a lot of old folks saying that once the husband witness the birthing process, he will lose sexual interest and some say he will be unable to “stand”. Any advise?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You will be wearing a hospital gown and once your legs are lifted up, basically the gown will cover up whatever is happening down there. Your husband will not be able to see what’s going on during birth. However the delivery room is not very big, when your husband moves around to look at BB getting weigh and etc, he will definitely see your doctor stitching you up, unless you instruct him not to look at it.

Read more
Super Mom

I haven deliver yet, and I believe your hubby can be beside you (at upper half of body). Once you bend your knees, I don’t think you and your husband can see anything happening below? Or maybe talk to your hubby bout it

just tied your husband to the chair or don't let him accompany you if u don't want him to see, it's his prerogative to move around the room and see whatever he want to see, unless u really can make him listen to you

Super Mom

I'd think giving birth is a miracle and dads wouldn't want to miss those miraculous moments.

If he didn't go to the front he will unable to see