Amnio test

Anyone been through amniocentesis test at KKH and able to share about the experience and result? Understand there is a miscarriage risk.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was recommended to do amnio, because my risk for DS was 1:2, and we needed to know before deciding the next steps. the procedure was done by one of the senior consultants, with a nurse assistant. the prof took an ultrasound scan of my belly to locate the best entry point of the needle, told me to that it will be a little pinch (like taking an injection/vaccine). then he left the needle in to collect the amnio sample, and took the needle out and placed a plaster. it was done in 10mins from scan to plaster. I was told that there may be cramping and to come back if there was any leak or wetness on my panties. stayed home for bedrest for 3 days. MC + Urgent Leave as I felt cramps and didn't wanna risk anything. miscarriage risk is 1 out of 300.

Read more
2mo trước

Hi, how did the amnio test result go? I had a 1/8 chance for DS and 1/52 chance for Edward’s syndrome. Am recommended amniocentesis too. Thanks in advance for the reply.