Hubby doesn’t want to do 50% of parenting as he says I don’t earn 50% of household income!

So angry with my husband. He says that he earns much more money than me. I earn about 50k a year and he earns around 250k. As such proportionately he should only do at best 20% of parenting duties and I should do the remainder. I work just as long hours as him. But my job doesn’t pay as well. What should I do! #assholehubby #ranting

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have to think cafefully and slowly why did you arrive at such a situation in the 1st place. I'm sure you didn't think of splitting parenting duties equally when you both first planned for the child? If you feel overwhelmed by taking care of your child, why not consider a helper since forcing your husband down the path of taking up 50% of the parenting looks like a very bad outcome where couples do not wish to end up in the 1st place. It may not be the ideal solution but at least i think there will be less quarrels and disharmony which usually doesn't end up well over time if not resolved. I would consider the health of the family over other disputes if it can be solved in one way or another even if it is done in an undesirable way.

Read more