LO hates porridge ?

My almost 8mo baby who started solids at 6mo is not a fan of porridge to start with. But when he finally willing to take a full bowl of them consecutively for 2-3 days and I thought he finally accept but after that he refuse them again for the next 2-3 days. I wonder if this is normal and if they will eventually eat per normal.... Anyway I will just feed him milk after that few spoons of porridge Cos I’m afraid that he is not full enough. It is so stressful feeding solid 😫

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mum, Yes it takes time to get babies used to eating solids. Try giving them different flavours of porridge like minced with vegetables, fruits etc. This will develop their taste buds and they will develop habit of eating solids. This is normal so don't worry about it too much and keep exploring :)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

you can try to alternate every few days. I usually change menu every 2 to 3 days as my 10 months old will be bored too. you can try baby pasta, millet, oats. at this age their main source should still milk. so don't worry, take your time to explore with him! 😊

i feel u! my boys are the same. i guess they grow sick and tired of porridge. my boys will even gag and puke the porridge out. but if they were feed a different food, no issue.

some mums mix breast milk to porridge . then baby like to eat that. https://sg.theasianparent.com/baby-food-basics