How to remove pacifier from sleeping LO mouth

Is it advisable to remove pacifier from LO mouth over the night sleep? The pacifier holds really well and able to stay in his mouth through the night ( about 10 hours) I’m not sure if it will affect his teeth, if yes, please share your techniques in removing them without waking LO up TIA!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Once my baby reach a deep sleep I will take out his pacifier as I am scared he will get dependent on it and will cause the teeth later, or when he will try to sleep I will hug and sway dance him to sleep so he will no longer need it, luckily he will be the one spitting it up now as he is began teething

Read more

I tried removing it but he would usually wakes up immediately, he is sucking in the pacifier too strongly. Otherwise If I successfully removed it without waking him up, he will usually wakes up three hours later crying for the paci. Sigh. Is it a sign to wean him off completely?

remove when he is deep sleep, usually after 1 hour after he falls asleep. give him a pillow or plush toy to assist him to fall asleep so that he does not rely only on pacifier.

Influencer của TAP

my baby will auto split it out when she deep sleep. if she don't I'll take it out. don't let baby have the habits relying on pacifier.