My AMH is low & one fallopian tube blocked, unlikely to get pregnant

For about 1 year plus I experienced hot flushes now & then and I have so many acnes outbreaks that lasted me for months which can’t subside until now & for some that went away even left me scars. Finally I decided to see a gynae recently and was made to do a blood test on my first visit. When I see the gynae for the 2nd test, my hubby & I were there for the results. Doc told me that my AMH is low, quite difficult to conceive & get pregnant but if I want, we must act faster. Upon hearing this, I felt like crying as I was very upset. You may not understand how I feel when doc revealed that a woman can’t get pregnant easily anymore but I do, it just breaks my heart. Now I really realised why it was so hard for me to even get pregnant with my 1st child back then. It took me 5 years to finally conceive that time. I didn’t know anything about AMH because I didn’t see any gynae to run a blood test after my 5yrs marriage and before I conceived my 1st child. And during the scans I have done back then, I was also told that one of my Fallopian tubes was blocked, that means the chances of me conceiving is very low. However when I finally conceived my 1st child, I was thrilled and my previous gynae also told me the same thing that I am quite lucky because my AMH is running low yet I managed to conceive. Now I am contemplating if I really want to try very hard to conceive. Because of my age I am also worried I might happen to have a down syndrome baby. But if I don’t get pregnant, it may be also a blessing in disguise as my hubby is a MCP, real aggressive tyrant and always wanted to divorce with me after we had our 1st child. So can you guys pls advise if I should try for another baby now??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Really sorry to hear about your situation. But have a nice talk with your husband, if he really wants a 2nd child. Are you guys financially and mentally ready for a second child at this age (since you mentioned that you may be on the slightly older side). It will definitely be more taxing on your body, at the same time you need more time and energy to toggle between your first born and the pregnancy. If he is agreeable, do you guys want to try IVF instead? All the best mama! 😃

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Discuss with your husb to see if both of you are ready not.