Food suggestion

My 8 mths baby only likes water, bread and biscuits. I tried to give him fish porridge but he refused to eat. Seems like he likes things with little or no taste? Any mummies encounter babies like this before and how to get baby to eat more?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Takes time. Keep on trying. As long No salt & sugar Maybe is the texture or fish smell. You can do Alternate days or stop for few days, so lo won’t so afraid of fish taste. Try other solid foods too. Soft BLW foods Let baby hold biscuits or bread while feeding fish porridge. can try blend porridge add with Minced fish or add on tiny fish meat to it. Add too much will have fish smell Maybe you can minimise /remove the fish smell. My lo dislike fish initially bcos of fish smell. I have to keep on trying. Paused a few days then try again. What I did was , try n error with methods. Keep on trying Now my lo accept fish porridge:)

Read more
Influencer của TAP

For me I cooked for the whole family so my 1yr old will eat whatever I cook since 6 months old without the seasoning. We let him try varieties of food/meat. Sometimes is the texture that makes them reject the food. You can try different cooking method or eating together as a family also helps to encourage baby eat as they see that everyone is eating too

Read more
Super Mom

Mine also only likes certain fruits and veggies but doesn't like meat. You can try reducing the amount of what he doesn't like and mix in what he likes. It's good to have a mix of different veggies and meat. You can try baby led weaning also, some babies prefer to hold the food themselves rather than being spoon fed.

Read more
Super Mom

8 month old babies shouldn’t take salt or much sugar, so it’s normal for him to like bland food. Try to play around with different textures and consistensies to see what he likes, but always under supervision to ensure no choking

Try feeding pork or chicken maybe? With pumpkin/tomato/spinach/sweet potato etc... My LO loves all the above 🤭

Thành viên VIP

How about pumpkins purée etc?