Water bag broke, no contractions.

6AM- I felt trickle of water which I assumed it to be discharge so I just changed underwear and put on a pad then go back to sleep. 9AM- woke up and the water just gushed out of me like running tap water open in full. Showered and called the husband to come back from work. 11AM-no contractions still. Book a grab and off to TMC since they asked me to come. 1PM- doctor checked me and i was not dilated. 2PM- Gynae asked if I wanted to be induced or go home and wait for contractions but I have to report at 7AM in the hospital tomorrow if still nothing. Now Im home because I dont want to be induced but I dont know what to do to speed up the process and because I’m leaking so much I dont feel like moving much. Has it happened to anyone? What do you do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Do you have blood spot after water burst? i’ve had similar situation with you that water bag broke and no contraction then rush to hospital, when midwife checked that it was 2-3 cm dilated and blood spots but still no contraction then i got induced and just for 2 hours, my baby come out.. Try to walk and do yoga or use gym ball to make contraction as my cousin’s experience..

Read more

for me waterbroke when i on my way to work in the train.. go straight to hospital they check on me.. and straight away admitted.. but i have not dilated yet.. after few hours they induce me as waterbag broke a few hours already and they dont want anything happen to the baby.. total labour for me is 36hours.. 😉

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Syukran Alhamdulillah i would probably cry2 and betan already if i was in your place sis. such a strong mummy and fighter Baby. Alhamdulillah for everything.🤲♥️

Try bouncing gently on a gym ball if you have one. Otherwise, I heard a lot of walking and climbing stairs helps too.

Thành viên VIP

same situation with you, doctor told within 24hours baby have to come out, so I just induced to keep my baby safe.

Thành viên VIP

My contractions began soon after my water broke, but you must follow the doctor’s instructions