Virginal birth after C Sec

This is my 3rd pregnancy after 7 years. My 1st boy was Normal delivery, my 2nd boy was Emergency C Sec due to Placenta Previa and was born 8 months. Now the doctor have scared me because he said there are risk in NVD. I may rupture my previous c Sec wound and the success rate is 70%. Since my due is 8 July, I am paranoid with regards to this. Can any mummies or someone out there advice me. I having sleepless night and worried. I don’t want anything happen to my baby or me...

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi dear, the doctor had to tell you the necessary risks for VBAC (vaginal birth after Caesarean) so you can make an informed decision. If you look at it from another point of view, many people are able to deliver their babies via vaginal delivery with no issues:) Even for people who’ve never had C-sections, the success rate of vaginal delivery is not 100%. Some people do end up with emergency C-sections due to foetal distress/poor progress of labour. With a previous C-section, there’s one added factor to look out for, but they’ll monitor you closely to make sure you and baby are safe and well, regardless of which mode of delivery baby comes out with. So don’t be scared:) If you’d want a bit more predictability, you can schedule an elective C-section, knowing that the recovery time is a bit longer, like the last time. If you’d like to try for normal vaginal delivery, that’s definitely a possibility too! It’s more uncomfortable during labour and less predictable, but you do get to see your LO immediately and recovery’s usually faster too. I hope you find peace in your decision, and focus on the fact that your LO is coming into the world and you’ll be holding a precious baby in your arms soon ❤️

Read more
4y trước

Thank you so much for the time to comment on my post. I already had both the delivery mode. First baby was NVD. Second baby was C Sec due to placenta pervia. Well I am definitely taking it easy as all I want is the best for both of us at this moment. I have also leave it to Almighty God. What ever happens, it hope s for a reason. So let’s see what is installed for both of us. Thank you once again.