Bottle strike

My 3.5months suddenly rejecting milk bottle after turning 100 days old. I've tried changing bottle, teats, different feeding positions, basically all the home remedies but still unable to fix the situation. She will cry murder whenever we offer her a bottle. It will take a long time to coax her until she's comfortable to drink it. However, no issues when she latch on to me. I'm a low supply mom so will definitely need to supplement her with formula. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my baby rejected bottle since 2.5 months.. can only dream feed if not she totally will not drink her milk at all even though she is crying like mad because she is hungry. she will jus keep crying & push the bottle away. I have figured out that this happens because we pressured her to drink previously and she associate feeding as something painful that she doesn't like. suggest that you do dreamfeed to feed her more so that she doesn't know that she is drinking and will not feel pressured. it will be a vicious cycle if she reject the bottle and you try to hoax her while she push her bottle away, this will make her bottle aversion worst. they are clever and will rmb the bad experience. currently my baby 4.5 months, I tried to feed her awake after 2 months plus of dreamfeed, she seems to forget a little about the bad experience of feeding and willing to drink abit if we feed her while singing song to her. but she would not drink as much and as fast if she were to sleep drink. so I still try to avoid feeding her awake unless she jus wake up from a nap and not able to sleep back just to drink. almost all PD doesn't know what to do about this and will jus say that its normal, it happens and some still tell me they didn't hear this before. if u really want the child to recover from bottle feeding aversion, u can refer to Rowena bottle feeding aversion book, they list down what you should do to overcome this issue.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Hi mommies actually my case is slightly different, I wanted my baby to stop bottle-feed and exclusively breastfeed. I stopped bottle-feed around 2 months. Later after introduction of solids and when her demand increased I felt it difficult to match. My PD then suggested to introduce formula and bottle-feed too. When I re-introduced the bottle, she has actually forgotten totally and was rejecting it totally. Then I started to give her just water twice or thrice each time to drink 10ml. I used to distract her by giving the bottle cap or something else. Or I myself used to imitate the sucking sound through the teat. Or any of my family members used to imitate drinking through bottle. I tried Avent, Dr. Brown's and later on Pigeon, she actually got set to Pigeon. Later only I found in an online article that most exclusively breastfed babies don't have nipple confusion with Pigeon teats. Not sure how far it is true but in my case yes. Hope this helps you in some way

Read more

I rmb my fren also encountered such problem and went to see PD. PD said baby will get through the milk strike stage naturally. Don’t need worry too much.

Yes, I would like to know too. My baby rejected bottle at 2 months. We are still trying to train everyday but without success

1y trước

thanks, will check it out. experiencing the same thing - baby only drinks from bottle when in sleepy state and sometimes he will drink a bit if someone distracts him with play.