Baby at week 22 heavier than usual

22 weeks pregnant and baby’s estimated weight was 580g whereas on the app it shld be around 430g. Anyone here had a similar experience and baby was normal weight at birth? Or is this an indication of a heavier baby and possibly need for early induction and csect?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There could be measurement error and you are in week22 and there a long way to labour. My girl was of a heavier weight at early pregnancy and then I was diagnosed with GD at wk24, and then my girl weight increase very slowly (diagnosed of pre eclampsia at wk34). Not trying to scare you, but a lot of things can happen from now to labour. Hence, you do not have to worry now. Try to eat healthy!

Read more
3y trước

Thanks! Will watch what I eat and try not to worry so much. (:

Mine at wk 24 was estimated 649g! Bt again, the app also showed 600g or so only. Did ur gynae say anyting? I m not sure if mine is GD or diabetes because i failed my glucose test very badly at wk 20. My own weight dropped quite a bit from controlling of sugar. Dont think so much! My gynae ever told me google only makes us more worried ahahah. Dun scare ourselves!

Read more
3y trước

Mine high chance could be Diabetes according to gynae. Had really high lvl of sugar after the drink. It was picked up during a urine test at wk 20! Tbh i dont really take sweet stuff.. but i really stopped all the rice/beehoon intake coz i scared my sugar shoot max. 😂 dun worry too much k!