9 Replies

I'm not sure if gynae wld be OK to give HL at 20 wks as it's still very early. You'll only get it at this time if ure having a risky pregnancy. My friend got her HL at 2nd trimester due to risk of pregnancy previa and had bleeding. For me even with chronic asthma, my gynae only gave me HL at 36 wks for my firstborn and also because my job as a pri sch teacher has made me have frequent asthma attack. Some of my colleagues have similar medical condition but cldnt get any HL at all but only MC. So depends on your gynae. Private hospital gynae is more lenient in giving HL.

I feel that you will need the MC/HL/WFH in the 3rd trimester more, especially toward week 37-40. In comparison, week 20 is nothing for me. You could consider to use your MC first (as you are going to take ML after you deliver). HL is only given by the doctor when necessary.

I’m working till 38 weeks only boss allowed to slot me in for a leave. It all depends on you, if there’s a valid medical reason I think doctor will be ok to give a long HL.

But why? Are you feeling so uncomfortable that you need to “rest” at such early stage? Of course, your choice.

Reason youre wanting to wfh ? As 20 weeks is still long way to go. Unless you have a medical reason

Depends on employers. I’m still ok to work till 38 weeks plus before I finally take my ML

very unlikely at 20 weeks unless its a high risk pregnancy and bed rest is required

I didnt ask to wfh yet. Im at 22 wks. Thinking of asking late 3rd trim though

20 weeks most Gynae won't give HL. too early.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles