Pregnancy with Echogenic Bowel

#1stimemom Hi mummies, anyone is going through or have gone through a pregnancy with echogenic bowel on baby? How does the procedure goes from your pregnancy till labour till baby is born? Normal or csec? Did a blood test and doctor called result came positive, she mentioned that i may have infection. Was told to come back in 2 days to get a another blood test to see if the infection was from long time ago or just had it. Hope to hear from anyone soon! 🙏

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve just delivered to a healthy baby boy which was being diagnosed with echogenic bowel at 20th week. For my case I was under kkh subsidised and at 20th week the ultrasound scan showed a bright and prominent bowel. Doctors at kkh told me they can only followup with this at 28th week to see if the echogenic bowel and being prominent were still there. For your info, I did oscar test for Down syndrome with a low risk result of 1:3000. Prior to this, 10 years ago I had a confirmed Down syndrome baby. So with echogenic bowel being a soft marker for DS, I was worried sick. I then seek 2nd opinion with Dr.Adrian from TMC who was very experienced and was told to do another detailed scan. The scan was still showing echogenic bowel issue. I went back to see doctor that evening and he said with echogenic bowel there are two issues they may come from it 1. Down syndrome - since my oscar test came out to be low risk and with echogenic bowel being an Isolated problem, he then said 99.9% of babies will be born healthy. 2. Small baby, IUGR - growth restriction But since my baby was measuring as per its gestation week, he ruled out this as well. So I went back on the KKH route and had a followup at 28th week. The echogenic bowel is still there but this time round, doctor told me it could be a normal variant. On my next visit, I asked about echogenic bowel again and another doctor told me mine is a score 1, a milder case and in fact there is no bubbles in my amniotic fluid which means there was not blockage in the bowel. Afterwards, I switched to private with KKH under Dr Julian Kang, he reassured me that the echogenic bowel is not a big issue and my baby will be born fine. I just delivered via vaginal delivery 2 weeks ago, baby is healthy! So don’t worry too much!! God bless you. Sorry for the long info, I just thought that when I had this issue I can’t seems to find anything about it online and some info tends to scare me so much! So sharing whatever experience I had with you.

Read more
2y trước

Hello, There’s no further testing and the information were shared by a kind female doctor. As I was under subsidised route so I did not get the doctor’s name and they are always different doctors. She was the one that examined my ultrasound picture and told me about the score and bubbles. Nipt is low then dont worry too much first! All the best to you :)

Thành viên VIP

I had the same for the current pregnancy and was told to do extra test and Down syndrome test but all was clear. 20th week scan, everything was ok and cleared. Hopefully your next bloodtest will be ok

3y trước

Hello! Means im at the low risk. Baby chromosomes are all ok. But my mind wasnt assured so they said 20th week detailed scan will confirm it.