Baby carriers for newborns?

Hi. #1stimemom here. Can the baby carriers whether those that are more cloth sling type or Tula type, be used directly from newborn? Or must wait till baby neck and head is stronger to use??

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a Tula, Konny, Soul & a sling wrap. Haven't use my Tula yet as I find it's not suitable for NB w/o the infant insert bcos of the neck but been using Konny most times. Love how it's snug and baby falls asleep immediately inside. My baby is almost 3 mths today and he still loves Konny! Soul carrier is ok. I really don't quite like carriers with buckles so my recommendation is still Konny. You just need to know how to wear it and there will be no backpain.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

i didn't use a carrier when my lo was still a newborn, didn't bring her out unless it's for vaccination. but i got a tula explore for her after she turned 1 month and have been using it since then, she's 4 months plus now and loves being in it! there's no need for an infant insert too. plus i prefer a structured carrier, more support plus can be used till when they're older too!

Read more

I've been using Ergobaby Omni 360 since my baby was 2 weeks old. No need for infant insert. I prefer a structured carrier as compared to fabric Konny type as it helps to alleviate my backache tho the latter is indeed more comfy for baby but my baby cld still sleep easily in the Ergobaby.

Can be used from newborn. Some carrier such as Tula would need additional purchase of an infant insert.

konny is great! my lo is 6 months now and we’re still using it

I like using stetchy wrap for newborn. easy in n out too

Fan of Konny too!