Seeking advice and comfort

Our 17mo is not talking (eg. papa mama in a meaningful way) and pointing yet. Toddler is babbling, making eye contact and interacting with caregivers. Anyone who has experienced the same? How do you deal with the worries? I’m not in deep anxiety cause I have heard that some kids started talking at 3yo. But I would like to hear from you who has traveled the same path. Thank you in advance.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Almost 19 months here and also not talking! Dr has flagged her out and will need to follow up with development checks but im still quite chill about it as she can gesture and express herself without words. Dr did ask about genetics and it does run in our family, most of us speaking after two years of age so meh what to do. Now im so talkative people tell me to shut up. Anyways yea the delay in speech is usually tagged to other underlying issues like autism and all so im still 50/50 when to intervene and push for checks and speed the process up. We all pray that its nothing bigger to worry about but yea its still a possibility we cannot dismiss also. Mentally and financially prep for the worse as of now and enjoy all the time with our child meanwhile. Hugs!

Read more

hi, my daughter is also a late bloomer. She only started walking at 18 months. She babbles & doctor recommend to go for speech therapy. But we did not. We can only hear her saying clear words, baby words, now 2yr 4mths. Not that I'm not worried. I am. But we let her grow on her own pace. We don't talk short words but instead full sentences. She understands & tries to follow. She even likes to sing nursery songs now.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

yea... i was worried... except for 1st visit to PD, went for vaccinations & development checks at polyclinic & everytime the doctor & nurse would assure me but i still insisted on referral to KKH... just that there was a q... by the time it was time for appt, my child had alr started talking ard 3yo 😅

Read more

hi mummies not to worry, some take time , take it easy