- ½ linguine pasta
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot , finely diced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ shrimp , peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Parsley leaves , chopped for garnish
- Cook the pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet, melt 1tbsp of butter in 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat. Saute the garlic, shallots, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Sautee for about 3 mins or until they turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the pan and bring to a boil. Add the remaining butter and oil. When the butter melts, add the shrimp back to the pan and cooked pasta. Stir, making sure the pasta is well covered in oil. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.