Red Pepper Curry Eggplant
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- ½ onion
- ½ red bell pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 400 g canned tomatoes , drained
- 100 g eggplant , peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato , peeled and diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add in the onion, and cook for 2 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the curry and garlic powder, and continue to cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper, eggplant, and potato. Stir in the tomatoes. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If mixture is too thick, add water in increments to thin out. Remove from heat.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher. Serve with rice or naan bread.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.