Papaya Fish Soup
- 1.5 litre water
- 1 fish head [carp, pomfret, kurau or threadfin]
- 1 large green papaya
- 6 pieces of dried scallops
- 6 red dates
- 2 slices of ginger
- Salt , to taste
- Boil 1.5L of water.
- Meanwhile, clean the fish and season it with salt inside and out. Let it sit for an hour and drain off excess water. Check your water if it has boiled.
- Add dried red dates and dried scallops in into the pot of water.
- Peel the papaya and slice them into cubes.
- Using a pan, heat oil and then fry the ginger and fish on low-medium heat until the skin of the fish browns.
- Add the fish, papaya and ginger into the soup.
- Let it simmer for at least 4 hours (maximum of 8 hours) before serving.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.