Lotus Roots Soup with Papaya
- 300 g pork ribs
- 200 g peanuts
- 300 g Papaya
- 3 lotus roots
- 2 litre water
- 2 cloves garlic (pounded)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- Wash and cut pork trotters into smaller chunks
- Peel skin of the lotus roots.
- Chop lotus roots into pieces that are 1cm thick.
- Peel skin of papaya and cut them into chunks.
- Boil the water and add all ingredients (except soya sauce) to the water.
- Bring it to a boil, add soya sauce and let it simmer for 2 hours on low heat.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.