- Plain flour, for coating
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lean braising steak , cubed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions , chopped
- 1 red pepper , chopped
- 250 g mushrooms , sliced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 200 g tagliatelle pasta noodles
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place flour in a shallow bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Coat the cubes of beef with the flour.
- Warm the vegetable oil in a flameproof casserole dish. Add the beef, and sauté until browned. Remove beef with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Sauté the onions in the casserole until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, and continue to sauté for 4 minutes. Add in the mushrooms; cook for 3 more minutes. Sprinkle in the paprika, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Return the beef into the dish. Pour in the chicken or beef stock. Add the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley. Stir well. Cover the casserole dish and place in the preheated oven. Keep in oven until the meat is tender, about 2 hours. When done, season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the sour cream. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain. Arrange noodles on serving plates, and top each plate with serving of goulash.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.