- 4½ oz flounder fillet , skinned
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup milk
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and diced
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese , grated
- Place the fillet, peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley, and milk in a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked. Strain. Reserve the liquid, but remove the peppercorns, bay leaf, and parsley. Flake the fish using a fork, discarding any bones.
- Put the carrots in a saucepan. Pour the boiling water in, and cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add in the peas, and cook for another 5 minutes. Drain, reserving the water.
- Make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour, then gradually whisk in the reserved cooking liquid from the fish.Bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Place the drained vegetables, flaked fish, and cheese sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add some milk or some of the drained vegetable water if necessary. Serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.