Easy Granola Bars
- 1 packed cup of seedless dates
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup salted natural peanut butter , or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- Chocolate chips
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the dates until it resembles a dough-like consistency, about 1 minute. Place the dates in a large mixing bowl. Add the oats and the almonds. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm the honey and the peanut butter. Stir. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press down firmly until flattened, packing the bars tightly. You may use the bottom of a drinking glass to do this.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove bars from the pan. Chop into 10 even bars. The bars will keep, in an airtight container, for a few days; it can be stored in the freezer for a month.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.