Chicken Pesto on Ciabatta
- 15 g basil
- 15 g pine nuts
- 30 g freshly grated parmesan
- 25 g cottage juice
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 175 g chicken fillets
- ½ ciabatta
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 large tomato sliced
- 30 g shredded mozzarella
- 25 olive oil plus one tbsp
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- Place ½ tbsp of olive oil in a medium frying pan on medium heat.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Place them on the pan and fry for about 3 mins on each side. Set aside.
- Warm the ciabatta in the oven for 3 mins and set aside.
- To make pesto, in a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, lemon juice and oil. Blitz until a thick paste forms.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add toss in the pesto in a bowl.
- Slice the ciabatta in half. Layer each bottom half with baby spinach then place the chicken strips with pesto. Top with slices of tomato, mozzarella and cottage cheese.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.