Beef Bone Broth
- 3 - 4 lbs beef marrow and knuckles
- 1 - 2 lbs meaty bones , such as short ribs
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar cider vinegar
- 4 - 5 quarts of filtered water
- 3 celery stocks , halved
- 3 carrots , halved
- 2 - 3 onions , quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 48 hours.
- You can also cook this in a stock pot: place the bones, apple cider vinegar, and water in a stock pot. Let sit for 1 hour (the apple cider vinegar will leach the minerals out of the bones.)
- Add the vegetables, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 24 to 72 hours (you can remove from heat at night, and bring back to a boil in the morning.)
- Let broth cool. Strain. Add salt to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5 to 7 days; or freeze for up to 6 months.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.