Baked Herbal Chicken
- 1 chicken thigh
- 5 red dates
- 4 sticks of dang shen
- 1 stalk cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp hua diao wine
- 1 tsp dang gui powder
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp grated ginger
- Soak the dang shen in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the marinade. Mix marinade ingredients and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours. Make sure the chicken is well coated and absorbs the sauce evenly.
- On a piece of aluminium foil, pour a bit of sauce over the chicken and lay the rest of the ingredients over the chicken and wrap.
- Bake the chicken at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.