Asparagus & Mushroom Frittata
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cups asparagus , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cups tomato , chopped
- 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsps salt , divided
- 1/8 tsps black pepper
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 3 tbsps chopped basil, divided
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 176°C.
- In a 9-10in skillet, heat oil on medium high heat.
- Place mushrooms and asparagus. Season with salt and sauté for 7mins or until mushrooms are browned and have released moisture.
- Add tomatoes and sautee for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk whole eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add eggs, cheese, basil and quinoa to the skillet of vegetables. Stir mildly to make sure the vegetables are evenly spread.
- Place the skilled on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs are set inside. Check for doneness after15 minutes to avoid over cooking. The heat will continue to cook the egg through.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.