My wife is about to deliver in 2 weeks and I am suddenly feeling very anxious and jittery. This is our first baby. Is this normal?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Very normal, my friend. I had a panic attack and I asked my wife if it was too late to have an abortion. She thought I was kidding. I wasn't. I was seriously having second thoughts. How my life would be over. How I cannot afford it. How I might be a bad dad. Being jittery is normal. Just don't act upon your silly panicky thoughts. Go talk to other dads. It will help. I learned that talking to moms don't help. It made me even more panicky.

Read more

Yes it is normal. Life is going to change. More financial responsibility. Most importantly life will change from being centered around wife and yourself. Just remind yourself to enjoy yourself and deal with things,as they come.

Hey daddy! Good that you are anxious and jittery. Means you are normal!!! If you have no concerns or worries then ill really be worried. One day you will turn around and look at the anxious you. It would be a good laugh off.

Good that u are feeling anxious and jittery!!! That mean u are prepare for the arrival and starting of fatherhood. Once the LO is born, everything will be back to normal and u will feel wonderful and joyful!!!

yes. it's normal. just stand in front of your mirror and say" hey you!!!! you are going to be a daddy!!! and you will be the best dad in the whole world""

Yes its very normal. I felt excited yet nervous at the same time. As long as you are there for your wife everything will go well.

Ya normal. Cos everything is uncertain. Just take things as it comes. All will fall into place naturally.

Yes its very normal. I m a first time daddy too. And I feel scare nervous and happy at the same time

Thành viên VIP

Yes, it is normal. Just try to relax and be there for your wife. Enjoy parenthood together.

Yes normal because life is not gonna be the same anymore.