What's a good reason to give your child a sibling? (Besides having someone to play with) :)

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Single kids vs 2 or more grow up differently. Here's how I think :- Single Kid (Pros) Center of attention, pampering Gets his way through most things and gets what he/she wants Single Kid(Cons) Tends to get spoilt through excessive pampering Finds it difficult to share things with others Gets lonely at times Has to single handedly keep both parents happy with the right balance. Tends to get more jealous when parents show affection to other kids Two or more kids (Pros) Merrier home with more.. Love can be divided equally Two or more kids (Cons) Everyone's constantly fighting for attention Sibling rivalry can breed Parents can tend to pick favourites.. Parents constantly have to hear that they play favorites Basically these are top of the mind recall. But the list is endless.. But it comes to YOU-Can you handle more than one? Depends on the kind of person you are... THINK THINK THINK lots and then plan one or more..cheers!!

Read more

Having a sibling will teach your children to be share and be selfless. They will learn to work things out in times of conflicts. They will also learn about helping each other with chores and collaborating rather than working independently. The younger one will have someone to model after, and the older one will learn to be a role model. And most importantly, they have someone they could turn to. I am the youngest in the family and my brother and sister are great role models. They were also very protective of me and taught me how to care and share. As we grew older, we are more like close friends whom I could confide and share my problems with. I still look up to them and seek advice from them whenever needed. :)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Being a second child, I learned that having siblings make life so much wonderful--and I would not have it any other way. There is so much room for learning--from my eldest sister up to my youngest brother. Having siblings is equivalent to having a lifetime treasure. Having siblings have helped me to solve my problems, be it petty or serious ones. It also helped me become more articulate because of our arguments. Yes, we do argue and fight (a lot), but it's also our way of showing our love for one another. The feeling of being secured is also an advantage if you have siblings. You know you are not alone and you know they got your back--no matter what.

Read more

Your child will have someone to talk to. It may seem like a simple reason but it's one of the most awesome reasons to have a sibling. You'll never be alone when you're down because you have someone to talk to, especially if you are not comfortable sharing with your parents. The older I get, I realise that I share and talk more to my siblings than I do my best friends, especially since all 3 of us are living in different continents (Australia, Asia and Europe). It's never lonely with siblings, that's reason enough :)

Read more

It would depend on the kind of parent you are, but personally I am of the belief that when it comes to family and kids, the more the merrier. It'd be hell at first, not only for you and your partner, but for the children as well: there will be a lot of bickering and fights and tuition fees to be paid off, but everything will be worth it.

Read more

Having a second child will help your child to: - Learn to share - Be selfless and have a sense of protection - Help them with problem solving - Learn about teamwork - Have someone to learn from and teach to - Have someone to grow old with :)

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3780)

To have someone with whom he can share every happiness or sadness, achievement or failure, learnings or mistakes, reward or punishment. Basically he/she is going to be your child's true best friend forever!

Thành viên VIP

Help develop social skills and also someone to grow with :)

The learn to love better