What is the right age to start giving pocket money to kids? Our daughter is six now and she is saying her friends get.....

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We are a little bit crazy in our house, so I would use this as an opportunity to teach her how to budget. What does she need the pocket money for? How much does she need? Get her to do up a presentation for you :) Turn it into a learning opportunity.

I think below 5 is definitely too young to be giving pocket money...but they should all have little piggy banks in to save money. Maybe at 6 you can start talking to her about pocket money and how to use it...

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-254)

I would say once they start going to primary school. At 6, you can give her money daily, get her to save, and get herself a treat at the end of the week. The concept of saving can be introduced at this age.

thanks

Maybe 7 or 10?