We went out yesterday with a relative who said breastfeeding without cover is for "squatters" and prohibited her wife to breastfeed in public. I was breastfeeding my baby the whole day and I was near to fuming then. Out of respect, I ended up mum because he's older than me (he's my uncle). My question is how do you deal with these kinds of people? I want to ask moms and dads opinion. In the eyes of a non-breastfeeder, is it really "awkward" (his term, BTW) to breastfeed a child in public? I am really bothered with his way of thinking until now, to be honest :(

7 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

Non-breastfeeding people will normally feel awkward at the sight of a woman with her breasts out in the open for feeding. However, I think it's not really nice to label women who breastfeed without cover as "squatters" :( sorry, I breastfeed in public, too. And for several occasions, I had to nurse without cover because my baby hates to be covered. I don't think I can tolerate that kind of remark. My suggestion, go still do it until he has realized that it's a natural thing.

Đọc thêm

Tama yung ginawa mo na tahimik ka na lang. Pero it's so wrong to call breastfeeders as squatters. Gatas ang ikinabubuhay ng anak mo so bat ka mahihiya? Parang ganito lang yan e, basurero hanap buhay nung tao pero hindi mo sya dapat maliitin at sabihing squatter ka kase basurero ka. Mali yoon kase nagttrabahao sya ng marangal at ito ang pang buhay nya sa pamilya nya. Makitid ang utak ng mga taong ganyan ang pananaw. Shame on them.

Đọc thêm

I've been breastfeeding even in public for 4 years now, without cover because my baby doesn't want to be covered while nursing. I ignore these kinds of people but if someone really stares at me badly or if I hear some bad comments, I will absolutely give that person what he wants. There's nothing wrong with what my baby and I are doing, so these people should be given a dose of their own medicine.

Đọc thêm

I can understand from his view point that it is awkward just because it is not a normal sight to see everyday. However, I don't think that it is bad. If I were in your situation, I think I'll do the same and keep my mouth shut. I'll just be more understanding of people who can't understand our situation :)

Đọc thêm

Sorry i think your uncle is just being difficult for nothing. Breastfeeding or not in public is your choice, your body and your child. You are doing it to feed it, and if you really feel it's awkward then express and keep it.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12476)

Kahit masabihan pa kong taklesa, magpapanting ang tenga ko kapag sinabi sa akin yan. Kahit sino pa man ang magsabi sa akin nyan ay makaka tikim sa akin ng matalas na pananalita.