Down syndrome baby?

Is my ultrasound scan normal? Saw someone posting about only finding out her baby has down syndrome during birth as the doctor did not detect it before. She said she looked back at her ultrasound and realised her baby has short/no nasal bone. My hubs assured me saying that the baby has not developed features yet. Should i see a the baby’s nose in my FTS? Btw i only did FTS and everything was low risk so i did not do NIPT. Now im abit worried

Down syndrome baby?
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i had 1:22 risk of T21 in FTS. NIPT came clear for all 3 trisomies. declined amnio at 12 weeks. at 21 weeks anomaly scan shows enlarged ventricle at 10.5mm.. did amnio and found out there was huge issue in chromosome. some part of chromosome 2 got deleted and 1 strand in chromosome 14 was missing.. we decided to terminate because it would have a huge quality of lifestyle impact to the kid. i miss my baby boy very very much...

Read more

Hihi, I also only did FTS as I’m not eligible for Down syndrome bloodwork. According to my gynae, from scans usually it is 75-80% accurate. (Bloodwork is 90-99%). So I think that person just happened to fall in that 20-25%. What was your FTS result? Was it high or low risk? If your gynae is concerned I think there are other tests available but can be quite invasive.

Read more