Choosing the right primary school

So as the title of this post says ‘Choosing the right primary school’ My girl is 6 this year and she will be in primary 1 next year. I started looking at schools when she’s 5 (not sure if it’s early or late). Im staying in the north region and have my eyes laid on Ai Tong Primary School. I choose this primary school for my girl because it also focus on the arts of the child which my girl likes. So I feel that it will be a good fit for my girl. I’m staying near the school but not near enough to apply for the school. So…… I decided to move to stay nearer to the school. Really hope that my girl will be able to get into the school. Leave me a comment, let me know how do you select the right primary school for your child and will you move house just to get your child in that school of your choice? #1stimemom #growingup #schooling #education

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me priority is distance. When I moved to my current house, I didn't think of school at that time (9 yrs ago) but then I'm glad I chose this house because it's just next to a pri sch and about 10 mins walk to a sec sch. 3 of my children went/goes to the same pri sch and my eldest went to the walking distance sec sch. I only thought of distance when I chose the sec sch for my eldest but I let him choose the ITE that he wants to go for his course. When 2 of my pri sch kids have graduated and had to choose a sec sch, I chose the one with the CCA that they are interested in. I let them choose the schools and then we discuss which is much more nearer + the CCA they want. I don't go for a good school. I prefer distance than anything else because if anything happens like when they're sick, I can quickly go and fetch them home w/o travelling. Happened alot of times already. Fever, fell down, etc 😬

Read more
3y trước

Thank you for sharing how you select school for your kids. It’s a good point to taken into consideration that in time of emergency when the child needs you in school, staying near is indeed a benefit. 🥰