Signing up your kids for a kids beauty contest, yay or nay?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

There is no harm in signing up your kid to beauty contests if they really enjoy it. After all, we want our children to be happily engaged in activities they like, so if your child enjoys it then you can go ahead. However, children as young as 1-3 cannot decided what they really enjoy and beauty contests can be a task, so in that case, if you feel they are not for your child, 'abstain' is the word.

Read more

I will ... actually i already did as i uploaded my son' s pictures for parenttown babies of the week contest. May be its not so like beauty contest but it is some what like beauty contest. People gives likes on the look n cuteness of babies. And parenttown select babies of the week based on like . So i cnt deny i actually put my baby's beauty on contest.

Read more
7y trước

Hi Shweta, Are the winners selected at end of week or daily?

As long as you don't turn into one of those pageant moms made famous (or rather notorious) by "Toddlers and Tiara", it's okay I feel. Like most things, pageants have both pros and cons. Pageants can foster confidence and a healthy competitive spirit. That being said, it can also backfire and create bratty divas who hate losing.

Read more

Nay. not sure if they're ready to accept losses at such an age or if they were to win, would it have an effect on their overall attitudes/snobiness toward others? looks dont require as much effort as compared to skill related (i.e math) perhaps not too good of an idea for me.

Nay for me. I would rather go for spelling bee contest or some other sports tournament. Personally, I feel beauty contests do not contribute a lot to kid's development as compared to other competitions. Totally ok if other parents think otherwise :)

I would never do it! Kids need to be kids and not have adult concept of beauty fed into their young minds. In my opinion, kids beauty contests contribute to sexualising little girls - which as we all know is a huge societal problem currently.

7y trước

yor concept & thinking is backdated.

Nay! Why would you want to put them in the lime light at such a young age. Come on, let them be kids. Pure innocent kids. All these children are contest are more for the parents. I can't help but find it so sickening.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4149)

Of course yay! We need to take everything in life sportingly and kids would always learn it from us. As long as she is happy taking part in the contest, it would always be a thumbs up from me.

yay.. no issues. I don't think anything wrong in it.