4 Replies

You can refer to this article for an estimate of how much caffeine you may have ingested: http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/caffeine/#toomuch Typically, a mother will only consider pumping and dumping to prevent herbaby from being overstimulated by the caffeine. If you are worried that that batch of milk may content some caffeine which may cause your baby to be fussy, you can consider using that for other purpose (milk bath for your baby?). As for oysters, as what the other mummy has pointed out, it is alright for you to consume raw oysters. The main concern for eating raw oysters is the risk of getting food poisoning, which will be physically tiring for the mother if she is also breastfeeding. I would say, an occasional indulgence is fine, but to reduce the risk, do choose a reputable restaurant or opt for cooked oysters for the time being.

Reckon it's fine to not pump and dump. It's okay to eat raw shellfish after pregnancy. As for the caffeine content in the tea, a pot is quite a big amouny and I hope you've been drinking a lot of water as well.

Breast milk can be use to bathe your baby so don't dump the milk

Dump

Related Questions

Related Articles