Should I intro flash card to my baby? Does it really help? Some articles claim that the ability of photographic memory (right brain) is temporary. As they get older the left brain will develop gradually. It is better to bond with kids with others activities to have less-stressful atmosphere. And it might have conflict as right and left brain manage different skills' sector. Right brain mostly art and left brain mostly numbers, languages. Right brain should not override. Any parents here can prove that flash cards can help develop the child's cognitive development? thanks.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Interesting point. My personal take is that every individual learn differently. I feel that flash cards offer an interesting way for babies to learn as it is fast and stimulating. I have friends who tried using flash cards and find that their children appear to benefit from it. Though these are not scientific studies and the effect could likely be psychological, I guess if there is no harm done to the children, and they seemed to enjoy the process.. it should be fine. Just sharing my thoughts. Will be interested to hear what others think or if there were any found associations. :)

Read more

Personally i feel that yes it helps but maybe not alot. My gal uses flash cards when she was only a few months old and now she's already in P2. She has topped her class but that doesn't mean it is cos of the flash cards. Got another boy of K1. No flash cards but sent to infant care centre ard 8 mths old and now ... he is 5 yrs old. Smart too. Bottom line, depends on individual child. Don't stress them and allow them to jave their childhood memories.

Read more

Don't use flash card method (I am referring to rapidly flashing cards and making kids memorise the sequence. If you use flash card just to teach ur child about different objects I think it's totally fine.) Speak more, read more, play more with ur child. They learn best that way.

Flash cards, to me, are supplements and are not the only ways to develop cognition. My two cents. None of my friends used flashcards on their kids and utilize other methods. I think other methods like educational toys and books work just fine.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12986)