Recently I have been terminated by my company. Mostly because I'm exclusive pumping mum and always back home on time. Company didn't tell me the main reason but I can guess. I feel very sad and insecure for unforeseen future. I can feel my hubby is stressful because he is the only bread winner. Soon I will be stay at home mum. My LO only 9month old and I think for my situation now hard to find a new job as well. As I still need to exclusively pumping for every 3-4 hours(my supply is low). Due to breastfeeding, I have scarified lots. I'm being emotional and almost depression. While I see my baby I think what I did is worth it but when I'm alone I feel sad. I can't do what I want to do now. I cant talk to my boss now to secure my job as my time and energy are limited. How should I think in order to make myself feel better?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Hey mummy, first of all - just wanted to say that you're doing an amazing job! I was an exclusively pumping mum since day 1, for about 10 months - so I felt obliged to reply to you :) While I wasn't a working mum at that time, I was studying so I guess I could relate - but instead of having to give up on my studies, I gave up on breastfeeding instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging you to do so - but I just couldn't manage both at the same time, especially when it came to assignment deadlines and examinations. I'd say you should take the opportunity to get some time for yourself - I know it might sound ridiculous, but you need to give yourself some credit and some alone time to just relax. Stress is a contributing factor to milk supply, so if you don't get that in check then you probably would end up affecting the amount of milk you produce - and that'll start a vicious cycle between worrying and affecting about milk supply! When it comes to income, just do what you can to help out - there are many options you can explore, but you don't have to feel guilty about it because you're looking after your child too :) Here's my breastfeeding story, if it helps in any way - and if you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to reach me through my blog or even just searching for my username on social media! https://www.dearlittleones.com/single-post/2018/08/02/My-Breastfeeding-Story-Hakuna-Ma-Tatas

Read more